What Is the SurgiCare Center of Idaho?
SurgiCare Center of Idaho is our state-of-the-art outpatient facility designed exclusively for eye surgery. It is conveniently located adjacent to our main Boise office. Our respected eye surgeons, Dr. Mark Hollingshead and Dr. Ryan Barrett, perform a wide range of ophthalmic procedures in this surgery center, including procedures to treat:
- Cornea conditions (including treatments such as DMEK, DSAEK, and PKP)
- Secondary cataracts / posterior capsular opacifications
LASIK, PRK, and other same-day laser vision correction procedures are performed in our specialized Laser Suite located within our main Boise office.
Why Do Patients Love Our Surgery Center?
By choosing to have surgery within our outpatient surgery center, you will benefit from...
- Reduced out-of-pocket procedure costs
- Shortened procedure times
- Flexible scheduling
- Optimized patient comfortable and convenient
- An entire team 100% specialized in eye surgery
Every detail of our SurgiCare Center of Idaho is designed with our patients’ best interest—and vision—at heart. From the extensively trained ophthalmic doctors, nurses, and technicians providing your care to the advanced technology they utilize, all your vision resources are here at SurgiCare Center of Idaho.
Preparing for Your Eye Surgery
Prepare for your eye surgery and make it as comfortable and convenient as possible by following these steps:
- Go over the information in the surgery folder provided when you scheduled your procedure date. This will include both pre- and post-operative instructions.
- Fill out pre-surgery forms ahead of time and bring them with you on the day of your surgery.
- Make sure you have a clear understanding of the financial details associated with your procedure, including how much you will be responsible for and when you will be asked to make payment/s. If you have questions about financing your procedure, please call our office.
Your Surgery Day
Reminders for the day of your surgery:
- Fasting – Follow the appropriate fasting instructions provided our office. Depending on the type and time of your procedure, you may be asked to refrain from eating and drinking anything after midnight. You should still take your morning blood pressure medications on the day of surgery with a small sip of water. If you have questions, please call our office.
- Surgery Folder – At the time of scheduling the procedure, you will likely receive a surgery folder containing post-op appointment information and discharge instructions, etc. Please bring this folder with you on your surgery day.
- Payment – If you are undergoing an elective procedure or are opting into an upgraded, non-covered service package, please be aware that we will collect payment at check-in. Learn more about financing your eye care. Payments may be made through the Patient Portal.
- Driver – Please have a driver accompany you to and from your surgery. Your driver must remain in the waiting room while you undergo the procedure. Depending on the surgery, they can plan to be at our facility for 2.5 – 4 hours.